Carbognano is located at 394 meters above sea level on the wooded hills of the Monte Cimini . At 63 km ( 1 hour) from the capital Rome , 22 km ( 25 min ) from the country town Viterbo , 25 km ( half hour ) for thermal baths , 8 km ( 10 min ) from the Lago di Vico , and 56 km ( 1 hour) from the Tyrrhenian sea .
That the original volcanic area , is reflected everywhere you find in:
– The black beaches of Lago di Vico .
– The indoor spa in Viterbo which has a swimming pool with hot sulfur water bubbling up from the ground .
– Even in the midst of the country can be found several natural water sources . In these open pools you can sit yourself in to the steaming water .
– Carbognano is built with volcanic stones : tufa ( reddish color ) and peperino ( dark gray ) .
In the centre of the old village with 2066 inhabitants , stands the “Castello” the castle. The residents are mostly small farmers living from their products, mainly hazelnut and chestnut trees. They also grow grapes and produce their own wine . Carbognano is an hour drive from Rome Fiumicino airport .
Market (morning) in:
– Carbognano – Friday
– Ronciglione – Monday
– Civita Castalana – Saturday
– Fabrica di Roma – Wednesday
– Viterbo – Saturday
– Caprarola – Tuesday>